26 March 2012

Secret Agent

We went to Leiden over the weekend, which is a really great city, and a fifteen minute train ride from Den Haag. I normally do most of my shopping online, but I fell in love with a little shop, Via Mio. Their displays were tasteful and collected, and I wanted to leave with most everything I touched. There was one piece that I couldn't walk away without, though- this dress, by Moscow; it's silky and elegant but casual enough for a romp in the park. The buttons are wooden and contrast so nicely against the hazy blue color. And, as you can see, the fabric  can handle grubby baby fingers.

The hat I got in Venice when we were visiting in September. I wish I'd written down the name of the hat shop; it was lovely, tiny, and full of gorgeous hats, belts, and scarves. I've never put a hat on my head I thought flattering, but I fell in love with this one while Tony was getting a belt cut. I feel like a spy in it, which is, really, the best feeling, especially while pushing a buggy around.

If you look closely, you'll see that I have found myself in a quandary; the vast majority of my shoes are in a storage unit in the U.S, and my feet are here, in Holland. Hmmm, the solution to my issue could be quite fun to execute...

xxx,
j

Dress | Moscow
Belt | The Limited
Shoes | ModCloth